Sunday, December 02, 2012

E+ Electric Bicycle by Electric Motion Systems

Beware getting your E+ bike computer wet. EMS claimed to have tested these things for rain but they must have protected the computer for the test. Do not let the computer get wet! The very first time I rode in the rain I ended up with the computer displaying ERR 06 and a dead bike.

Some time ago Electric Motion Systems disappeared without a word. No spare parts, advice on how to keep the systems going, etc., just disappeared without a word. Very uncool.

So what I'm going to do with my bike? A lot of googling and I found someone on a newsgroup post that a guy named Ric.Ruggiero (who has an email at Yahoo) is running a home fix it shop for E+ bikes. And charging far prices. So a phone call and an email later and my bike computer is on it's way to Virginia. A couple weeks later it is back and working. Yay! Thanks Ric.

Other than this scare I'm very happy with this bike. Someday the technology will be really good and everyone will have an electric bike, the best form of transportation there is. I love my R6 but my electric bike gets me out of traffic, I get exercise (anyone who thinks I don't get exercise on my electric bike doesn't know me very well) and I'm not paying for gas, insurance and parking. As far as I'm concerned electric bikes are free.