Wednesday, September 23, 2015

How to turn off Gawd Damn vibrate-on-touch in Android 5.0


Got a new Android phone a while back. It blew my mind that by default it vibrated on every keyboard input, every back button, every time I looked at it. How absurd, why would anyone want that at all, let alone make it the default.

Sometime later my phone started generating a message about gapps crashing or something. Great. Only fix was to reset the phone. Then it started vibrating all the time again! Ahhhhhh, turn it off! But now I could not find where the hell the setting was, it is based on user input, so checked anything to do with input and plenty of other places, but it was no where to be found. Finally gave up and had my wife look for it. She found it under:

Settings -> Sound & notification -> Other sounds -> Vibrate on touch

Other sounds, really? Anyway, thank gawd, turn that stupid shit off.