Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Homemade Bailey's Recipe

After reading the ingredients on the back of a Bailey's Irish Creme, and noting the lack of Irish whiskey, decided to make my own. I haven't been able to reproduce the flavor of Artificial Flavor, but it's pretty good! In fact, I think it is better than Bailey's.
  • 10 oz. Jamison's Irish whiskey
  • 8 oz sweetened condensed milk
  • 3 tsp instant coffee (Starbucks is best)
  • 2 tsp almond extract 
  • 2 tsp vanilla extract 
  • 1 cup cream

Otherwise mix all the ingredients in a blender and store in the fridge.

Hopefully you got my Artificial Flavor joke. I can't reproduce artificial flavor: I'm not a chemist!

Update: got some Bailey's for Christmas and decided the missing 'flavor' from my Irish Creme is 'butter' flavor, but since mine is better I am not going to try to reproduce the butter flavor.